In this post I will share the process I followed to make
the two Hearts Pendant Necklace!
- I hand cut with saw 2 hearts, 2 leaves and a small flower from a 0.5mm brass sheet and a 0.4mm copper sheet
- I soldered the parts together
- I rasped all edges and the whole piece with sandpaper to get it clean
- I naturally oxidized my piece with Ammonia and Salt
( This is the recipe for Natural Patina, here)
- After oxidation, I rasped with sandpaper the brass parts, leaving the blue patina on the copper heart
- I Coated with varnish and let it dry
- I decorated with 2 small Pearls and connected the copper chain
You can try many ideas for a copper & brass pendant, like balloons, flowers, a butterfly, a small house, a crown, a clock or whatever you want!!
Clicking on the images, you see the details of the item!
This is my etsy shop... ev.i.'s metalwork jewelry
and this is my facebook page.. EV.I.'s Handmade Jewelry
Thank you for reading this post!